Well. I feel all of you must be acquainted with the senate. But I’m sure most of you must be wondering which goverment to pick while playing. In this post, I’ll explain about the senate and guide you how to pick a government.
What is a Senate?
– It is a building which when built at any other city besides your capital, changes that city to your new capital.
– Senate also allows you to research systems of government.
– Also receive a unique General, the Patriot, with each form of government.
– The Patriot is generated in the Senate. If your Senate city (Capital) is captured, then the Patriot is generated at a nearby city.
– In age 2:
- Despotism – Military research and barracks units 15% cheaper; receive the Despot Patriot (a General who also provides supply, Line-of-Sight, and plunder bonuses).
- Republic – Commerce Limit increased by 50; receive The Senate Patriot (a General who also provides healing, bribing, and building defense bonuses).
– In age 4:
- Monarchy – Stable units are 25% cheaper and faster to build; receive The King Patriot (a General who also provides supply, siege, and mounted combat benefits).
- Democracy – Non-Library technologies 20% cheaper; receive The President Patriot ( a General who also provides production, building, and healing benefits).
– In age 6:
- Socialism – Factory, Airbase and Dock units 20% cheaper and faster to build; receive The Comrade Patriot (a General who also provides supply, combat and assimilation benefits).
- Capitalism – Receive +100 Oil income and 500 Oil; receive the CEO Patriot (a General who also provides defense, range and healing benefits).
How to pick?
– Selecting a senate depends on the situation of the game.
– In general,
- When you are in a defending position, you pick the second one i.e republic, democracy and capitalism.
- When you are in an attacking position, you pick the first one i.e despotism, monarchy and socialism.
– But with some nations you need to pick certain type of government to gain more benefits out of them.
– Picking between socialism and capitalism depends on the scenario. Mostly go with capitalism because you get 500 oil and the oil income starts going. But if you are on the attacking end and in a position where you have to hold on a city (capital), go with socialism.
– Some players prefer age 4-5 kill. They go republic followed by monarchy and then kill. Its totally dependent on the scenario of the game.
Few exceptions to the general mindset:
– When you are against a Russian opponent, you should research despotism and monarchy.
Reason : You don’t want your units burning in it’s territory. If you go republic, even your general gets attrition damage in its territory.
– When you are Aztecs, you should research despotism, monarchy and socialism at all scenarios.
Reason : Plunder benefits
– When you are Americans, you should research monarchy in age 4.
Reason : Plunder benefits.
– When you are Romans, you should research despotism and monarchy at all scenarious.
Reason : Plunder benefits and cheaper barrack units are helpful in creating a big army.
– When you are Inca, you should preferably research despotism and monarchy.
Reason : Plunder benefits.
– When you are Indians or Persians, you should research monarchy in age 4.
Reason: Elephants become cheap and they are the hardest unit to kill in the game.
– When you are Turks. research despotism.
Reason : Very helpful in an early attack (Age 2-3 attack).
– When you are Iroquois, research despotism and monarchy.
Reason : Iroquois units heal automatically when not attacking in friendly territory.
– When you are Mongols, research despotism and monarchy.
Reason : Plunder benefits from raiding and attacks.
– When you are French, research despotism and monarchy.
Reason : French already has healing benefits and unique cavalry units.
– When you are Chinese, preferably republic in age 2.
Reason : Start with Chinese is always defensive. Booming till age 4 is a better option then attacking early.
– When you are Greeks or Russians, preferably research monarchy in age 4.
Reason : They have unique cavalry units.
– The general mindset still applies when you are Bantu, British, Dutch, Egyptians, Germans, Japanese, Koreans, Lakota, Maya, Nubians, Spanish and other scenarios with other nations.
Note that in Americans, you have free senate upgrades. So don’t forget to research senate. In Iroquois, first senate is build instantaneously and free.
I have covered up almost all scenarios in the game. I’m sure after this post, selecting a government would be an easy decision for you